A sustainable wardrobe looks different for each and every person.
Reclypt's is here to help you understand what sustainable fashion looks like for you.
First things first - there is no singular answer to the questions "what is sustainable fashion?"
Sustainable fashion is personal and subjective though it is sold to us as objective.
- Is a shirt sustainable if its made of polyester, which is oil, but the garment workers were paid a living wage?
- Is a brand sustainable if it’s shipping it’s products all over the world but they’re made from repurposed materials?
- Is rental sustainable?
- Is thrifting fast fashion sustainable?
- Are luxury brands sustainable?
- Is it sustainable if I buy something new but know that I’ll wear it for the rest of my life?
Let's help you find your sustainable style!
A few questions to ask yourself:
1. What's your budget?
- No budget
- Low budget
- My usual fashion budget
- I've been saving for this
2. I'm looking to...
- Keep/maintain my current closet
- Try something totally new/You tell me
- Switch up a few pieces
- Overhaul my style
3. When I think of fashion I think of...
- Who made it
- How it's made
- What's trending
- I never know what to wear
4. Fashion creativity/sewing skills/vision
- I've got it for days
- I've dabbled and/or have inspiration/idea
- I'd love to learn/grow my skills
- None, nada, zlich, zero
Based on your answers they could be any and/or all of the following:
Clothing Care DIY Upcycle Swap Natural Dyes Dyeing Mending Thrift Rent Upcycle Investment Piece Upcycled Fashion
Look out for the next blog to learn which they are!